Mooiplaas Wine Estate
Mooiplaas Wine Estate and Private Nature Reserve boast a pristine natural beauty. Owned and managed by Tielman and Louis Roos, the Mooiplaas vineyards lie on steep slopes of ancient mineral rich soils in the Bottelary Hills of Stellenbosch, overlooking Cape Town.
Mooiplaas is a historic and traditional working wine estate, bought by Nicolaas Roos in 1963. He was joined by his two sons Tielman, viticulturist, (1980) and Louis, winemaker (1983). They celebrated 50 years on the farm in 2013. The history of the farm dates back to 1806, with the manor house on the estate – a national monument – an impressive example of Cape Dutch architecture.
Tielman and Louis produce a range of environmentally friendly wines rooted in tradition and artisan techniques to reflect the unique terroir.
Situated in the Bottelary Hills of Stellenbosch, there is a difference of approximately 235 m between the highest and the lowest areas on the estate. From the highest point of the estate (370 m above sea level) one has a panoramic view over the Cape Peninsula, with False Bay to the left and Table Bay to the right.
- The Collection - Strawberry Rose'
- The Collection - The Peach Chenin Blanc
- The Collection - The Lemongrass Sauvignon Blanc
- The Collection - The Coco Merlot
- The Collection - The Bean Pinotage
- The Collection - The Mulberry Shiraz
- Langtafel - White
- Langtafel - Rosé
- Langtafel - Red
- Mooiplaas Chenin Blanc
- Mooiplaas Sauvignon Blanc
- Mooiplaas Pinotage
- Mooiplaas Cabernet Franc / Merlot
- Mooiplaas Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mooiplaas Tabakland Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mooiplaas Rosalind Estate Blend
- Mooiplaas Watershed Pinot Noir
- Mooiplaas Houmoed Bushvine Chenin Blanc
- Mooiplaas Laatlam Noble Late Harvest
- Mooiplaas Duel MCC